If you’re aged 16 or over, joining Abcam as an Apprentice is a fantastic way to get paid to get real business experience – and a brilliant opportunity to start your career at a successful corporation with a huge global footprint! From apprenticeships in the Laboratory, Logistics, IT, Facilities to apprenticeships in HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales and Legal, we’ve got your interests covered!
If you have got a first experience in a specific field and keen to take your learning journey further, then check out our uniquely tailored Trainee opportunities!
In addition, we proactively support the ongoing development of our current people via a generous Training and Development fund which is available to our people across the globe. When you join us, we strive to understand and meet your aspirations and development needs while continuously keeping the business goals in mind.
We serve life scientists to achieve their mission, faster.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery to support scientific breakthroughs that benefit everyone.
Typically, you will spend 80% of your time on the job getting real business or life-science experience, contributing to delivering Abcam’s mission to serve life scientists around the world. You will spend the remaining 20% of your time dedicated to your learning whether it is learning a new skill on the job or attending courses with your training provider.
We are committed to your ongoing development and we have put in place a clear structure around your development to ensure you are able to maximise your potential.
“I am currently doing a level 4 Industrial Biology HNC Apprenticeship. Previous to working at Abcam, I completed my A-levels in Human Biology, Psychology, and Physical Education. I work in the Purification and Conjugation department, and am thoroughly enjoying working with everyone and meeting new people. I have always been passionate and enthusiastic about science and cannot wait to develop my understanding and knowledge. I look forward to contributing to Abcam and am very grateful to be given this amazing opportunity.”
Apprentice Laboratory Technician, Industrial Biology Level 4
“I chose an apprenticeship over going to University because I wanted to gain a professional qualification whilst learning. Being an apprentice at Abcam has enabled me to gain knowledge and skills which not only are transferable to my work but also to my daily life. Having the chance to work alongside other professionals in the career I want to go in to is really motivational; they all want you to succeed just as much as you do yourself, and they are willing to help you in any way they can. I believe that an apprenticeship is a great way to start a career, and you end up with more experience in a working environment than other people who choose to go a different route might.”
Human Resources Apprentice, CIPD Level 3
“I started at Abcam as a Junior BI Developer in 2014 - this was the start of a rewarding and upwards journey. Proving myself technically, I became a more senior developer. Later, I was given opportunities to develop my managerial skills and eventually took over the leadership of the BI team. At each step of this journey, I have been supported by Abcam's career development initiatives like their internal management training programme. I have also learned a lot from senior colleagues, whose mentorship has been invaluable in my growth. Most recently, Abcam sponsored me to study for an MBA. Abcam's emphasis on personal development shows that they are successfully investing in cultivating future leaders. I am proud to be one of these leaders.”
Business Intelligence Team Lead, MBA student
“I started at Abcam almost a year ago as a Facilities & Reception Apprentice and have nearly completed a Level 3 in Business Administration. I did not want to go to university but still wanted higher qualifications and Abcam gave me the opportunity to achieve this, whilst gaining experience in different areas of a business environment. I have now moved to a new role within Abcam as an Apprentice Personal Assistant and working towards my Level 4 in Business Administration. Abcam has really helped me to develop key administrative and people skills while supporting my studying at the same time and I look forward to my future career with the skills I have gained from my apprenticeship.”
Apprentice Personal Assistant, Business Administration Level 4