Category Director, Proteins & Peptides
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a visionary individual to lead growth through all channels and geographies. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues in Innovation, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Consumer Insights, Digital Marketing, Regional Marketing and Sales to deliver above market growth in Proteins & Peptides. They should be a driven self-starter with strong leadership skills, as well as possessing the necessary experience and know-how to create, direct and deliver growth marketing plans.
About the team:
A new global leadership position has arisen for the role of Category Director, Proteins & Peptides. Following a long-term strategic decision, Abcam is developing an industry leading portfolio of products in the Proteins & Peptides market. Abcam requires a strong experienced leader to create and deliver the growth strategy for Proteins & Peptides.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver an ambitious global strategy for development, positioning and growth of Abcam’s Proteins & Peptides business
- Work with the Consumer Insights, marketing and sales teams to define and develop an effective Proteins & Peptides strategy and plan
- Drive the development of Abcam’s Proteins & Peptides proposition to deliver rapid market penetration and achieve ambitious growth targets
- Work with the innovation and manufacturing and supplier management teams to make buy versus build decisions for products
- Recommend a global external pricing framework for the category
- Prepare global Proteins & Peptides forecast and expenditure budgets for the SVP of P&BD
- Build a team of experienced and talented product managers, setting and delivering objectives and priorities
- Create defined objectives, milestones and key performance indicators and deliver Proteins & Peptides product targets against these
- Deliver effective and timely interaction with Abcam’s senior leadership team.
Our ideal candidate will have PhD in a life sciences discipline along with strong commercial rigour gained from significant experience in an international sales, marketing and business development function. Practical knowledge of Proteins & Peptides would be ideal, but not essential.
You will be a strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to translate strategies in actionable plans. You will be a strong team player able to build credibility at the senior level, and lead and motivate international cross function teams.
Experience of leading an experienced and talented marketing team; and cross functional marketing, development and manufacturing teams is essential for this role.
The position will require some limited international travel.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.