Copywriter - Marketing Communications
About the role
As a Marketing Communications Copywriter at Abcam, you will be a passionate and creative communicator, with a flair for creating copy that inspires audiences to act. You will be an integral part of the wider marketing team, working alongside writers, designers and digital channel owners to develop innovative ways to engage our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop engaging short- and long-form written pieces to be hosted on company and external platforms; including all forms of marketing collateral, product guides, technical copy and marketing email copy
- Assess performance of pieces, communicating outcomes and applying learnings to future work
- Work alongside Design and Campaigns teams to ensure work is delivered on time and to standard
- Collaborate with our SEO team to optimise new and existing web content
- Edit and provide feedback on work produced by other members of the team
- Curate web content to update product information, align messaging and optimise user journey
You will typically have an agency, corporate or freelance writing background, with experience of producing persuasive marketing communications, including short-form pieces such as ads. You question briefs to fully understand the requirements for each piece and are able to tailor messaging and style to resonate with different audiences.
Your attention to detail and proofreading skills are excellent. You have good analytical skills and some experience with Google Analytics.
You are highly organised and can consistently meet tight deadlines, while working on multiple projects simultaneously. You can work with multiple stakeholders and build good working relationships.
Ideally you are Degree educated in a life science subject.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.