Fireplex Assay Development Team Lead
About the role
We are seeking a motivated scientist and team leader with significant experience in the use of multiplexing immunoassays and an interest in product development and commercialization. This role will report into the Director of Immunoassay Development. Using your knowledge and experience you will ensure the on-time and complete development of new products for our Fireplex multiplex assay portfolio. As such, you will also work closely with our partners in Multiplex Portfolio and Product Management teams.
The job is based at our Eugene (OR) site, but the job holder will work closely with other stakeholders and teams in other global locations.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Lead the multiplex new product development (NPD) team
- Directly manage a team of Senior product development scientists and oversee a broader team of research associate scientists
- Directly establish, design, track and manage multiplex product development goals and projects
- Ensure appropriate performance, validation and quality methods are in place for multiplex immunoassay development projects
- Develop and document product requirements, manufacturing instructions and batch assay verification/validation reports
- Provide high-quality product input and suggestions positioned as multiplex immunoassay solutions
- Assist in troubleshooting new product development projects
- Some travel to conferences and our global sites required (international & national)
- Key contact person within NPD for multiplex assay development – maintain knowledge of developments, literature and methods in this field by attending meetings, conferences and building networks
- Extensive research experience in Life sciences with a PhD and postdoctoral experience in biological sciences (or equivalent experience).
- Significant prior experience using antibody technologies including ELISAs, flow cytometry and multiplex immunoassays is essential.
- Capacity to interpret and analyze scientific data
- Strong background in the field of immunology and commercial experience in the biotechnology industry is highly desirable
- Proven record of both technical and team leadership behaviours
- Highly organized, dependable and a strong team leader and mentor
- Comfortable working to deadlines and prioritizing different aspects of your role
- An effective communicator, comfortable building relationships within the team and across the business
- Advanced knowledge of using MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint would be advantageous as would previous project management experience.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.