Global Infrastructure and Integration Director
The Global Infrastructure and Integration Director will play a critical role in supporting Abcam’s ambitious growth strategy and purpose. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading our efforts to support organic and inorganic growth through facility projects and acquisition support. They will deploy current state processes and techniques to deliver flexible work spaces for lab professionals, science and engineering teams, business support functions, and commercial activities including sales, service, and order fulfillment centers.
They will aslo create and implement a strategy for our furture property footprint as well as lead the facilities function in effectively servicing the business and enabling colleagues to offer an exceptional service to our customers.
The scope of the role includes North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Additionally, this professional will build our capability to support organisational growth, whilst driving both operational efficiency and execution. Removing scalability constraints and managing risks are essential deliverables.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Manufacturing and Supply Chain this is a key leadership position in Abcam, requiring an experienced leader with proof points in delivering projects across a complex and fast evolving portfolio of products and market expansions. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within and across the organization and external providers including brokers, real estate agencies, and contractors.
We are a truly global organisation, with teams based in China, Japan, Hong Kong, various locations across the US, Cambridge (UK) and Amsterdam.
- Establish and Lead the strategic direction for Abcam’s facilities and infrastructure portfolio, in support of all business needs
- Utilize the strategy to integrate and grow capabilities for new acquisitions as well as organic growth and new product line extensions
- Establish a three (3) year plan that is parsed into annual progress as well as in-year quarterly progress milestones.
- Stay current on macro economic and geo-political risks to help define a best positioned strategy in context of customer adoption and operational effectiveness.
- Define and improve key performance metrics that support Abcam’s five year initiative plan.
- Ensure compliance to quality, health and safety, and import/export expectations
- Build a culture of operational excellence, delivering sustained and continuous improvement of our business processes through lean approaches
- Build effective and collaborative relationships throughout the company including Commercial Operations, R&D, Finance, customer service, marketing and sales
- Lead and coach a team to drive a high performance culture that accommodates rapid and dynamic growth
- Lead talent development and build complete succession plans.
- Passion for growing a business, and an understanding that every function contributes to that success
- Compelling leader, able to execute and deliver cross-functional programs
- Proven track record of project deployment and delivery – particularly in a cross-function, business transformation context
- Ability to travel 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, engineering, business management or related field
- Significant experience in expanding operations leadership positions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills up to executive levels
- Global experience working with different countries and cultures
- MBA preferred
- Operational excellence certification
- Understand ISO and key logistics quality standards as required
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.