About the role
This position will help our Burlingame, CA office by receiving stock and processing and monitoring domestic and international shipping orders to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled accurately, efficiently and punctually. In addition, this position will assist with purchasing/procurement, inventory, data entry and other logistics duties. The successful candidate will liaise with representatives in other departments to identify and resolve problems or suggest procedural improvements.
About the department:
This position will be a vital addition to our fast-paced, customer-driven Logistics & Facilities Team.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Shipment of domestic and international orders.
- Process domestic and international shipping documentation, including customs and courier forms and paperwork.
- Track shipments, domestically and internationally and resolve issues with customs and other regulatory agencies.
- Perform weekly stock counts on multiple inventories.
- Physically receive and log all incoming packages and notify appropriate individuals.
- Fulfil customer orders using internal systems and processes. Process inventory related paperwork to insure inventory accuracy.
- Deliver Lab Materials as requested by lab staff
You embrace working in a challenging yet rewarding environment. You have some experience with logistics, a natural inclination toward being detail-oriented and you learn new tasks quickly
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years’ working in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, purchasing and inventory control.
- Strong knowledge of domestic and international shipping procedures, including customs regulations, paperwork and specific courier (FedEx / UPS / DHL) shipping systems.
- Confident and effective communicator, inter-departmental, with managers as well as peers. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, meet timelines, and perform simple mathematical calculations according to procedures.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Familiarity with MS Office, esp. Excel.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.