Operational Excellence Program Lead
About the role
The Operational Excellence Program Lead provides leadership for high-priority, complex and cross-functional portfolio of programs that support the growth strategy for Abcam. This individual leads and is accountable for project delivery performance including high quality achievement of milestones on-time and on-budget. This leader utilizes and serves as a resource for project management and operational excellence tools and methodologies and collaborates to identify and apply program management principles and resolution plans expeditiously. The leader manages, and continuously improves, the leading indicators of project success and aligns and synergizes with other key stakeholders.
This role can be located in any of our US sites.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Leads key project execution for complex, cross-functional project initiatives
- Drives accountability for key millstone achievement across a portfolio of program initiatives
- Develops key project management standard tool set that is operationally efficient and drives global adoption of best-practices across program management leaders
- Recommends, implements and manages appropriate program structure and standard performance metrics
- Establishes appropriate project prioritization and leads portfolio review process
- Maximizes results through continuous improvement in organizations ability to execute projects
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, engineering or related field
- 5 years experience in Lean and Six Sigma deployment
- Ability to travel 30% domestically and internationally
- PMI or equivalent certification
- Operational excellence certification
- Compelling leader, able to coach, execute and deliver cross-functional programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills up to executive levels
- Drives for results, is action oriented
- Understand ISO and applicable quality standards as required
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.