Research Associate - Cell Culture
The Cell Science Team, part of the Antibody Validation and Characterisation Group, plays a crucial role in delivering the essential material for novel antibody validation.
Currently we are looking to recruit a highly motivated researcher with experience in mammalian cell culture to prepare top quality material for Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Immunocytochemistry (ICC), flow cytometry, biochemical analysis and other antibody validation methods.
Our group works in Cambridge (UK) on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus. This role is a permanent position.
- Perform mammalian cell cultures, including adherent and suspension cell lines, primary and established lines, stem cells and co-cultures
- Performing cell treatments for antibody validation process
- Assist in developing and optimising new cell treatments for improved antibody validation process
- Work autonomously to record and deliver data to deadlines
- Support existing Cell Science team in various projects, as required
- Contribute to projects and initiatives as required within the Antibody Validation and Characterization group and effectively communicate with various stakeholders on the projects
- Help establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping. Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs)
- Help maintaining a safe and efficient working environment in the laboratory, ensure the safety of colleagues & visitors and comply with Health and Safety (H&S) policies
- Bachelor / MSc in Life Sciences
- Experience with various mammalian cell lines and mammalian cell cultures
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, ability to work across several projects and work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the Cell Science team and other teams within the company
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently within dynamic teams
- Compliance with following Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessment
- Experience in writing / reviewing SOPs and Risk Assessments
- Experience in cell treatments / cell assays
- Experience in molecular biology
- Experience in recombinant antibody expression in mammalian systems
- Experience in hybridoma culture
- Experience of working within the Life Science Industry
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.