Sales Manager - Pharma/Biotech, Americas
About the role
Sales Manager Pharma/Biotech, US will be working in our commercial team, which has a goal to help our clients make scientific breakthroughs in their research and product development using our extensive products and service capabilities, including our portfolio of reagents and kits which utilize our proprietary RabMab technology proprietary as well as Abcam’s specialist products – Fireplex and Custom solutions. This position will be based in the US and will report into the US Commercial Head. In this role, you will be responsible for the day to day to management of our Account Management, Custom and Fireplex teams. This team is focused on the strategic relationships and generation of new business opportunities within key geographic areas in the US.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Reports to: Senior Director Sales, Americas
- Sales Manager Pharma/Biotech, US is accountable for the achievement of the department’s assigned targets for profitable sales revenue and achievement of the US teams’ overall objectives.
- They will formulate the departmental vision and strategy and oversees their adoption through the department, hence, forming the department’s working culture.
- In their leadership position, the Sales Manager Pharma/Biotech, US plays a mentorship role to key personnel, assisting in the execution of duties where necessary, constantly honing their skills, ensuring their constant professional improvement.
- They will Identify new large value opportunities to develop strategic business relationships in key accounts focusing on Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Diagnostics in the US.
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and marketing our portfolio of products and service capabilities.
- Provide project updates and collect feedback from customers
- Travel (domestic and international) of up to 50%
- Facilitating business/legal agreements such as CDA’s, ePro pricing agreements, supplier agreements.
- Continually provide feedback and assist the organizational needs around market development and new product opportunities, customer trends, competitive activities.
- Work with the Head of Inside sales and Marketing to coordinate market activity and promotional activity.
- Work with counterparts globally in the global management of Trans National Pharma accounts.
- Be jointly responsible with the Commercial Head US in the formulation of the annual business plan
- Lead the creation of Key Account Plans for both US and contribute to global Key Account plans.
- Work cross functionally with other departments within Abcam to allow fulfilment of the sales cycle of more complex products and allow coordinated interfacing between Abcam and the Customer.
- Work closely with Business Development in order to ensure up front planning for where licensing out opportunities may exist with customers and allow coordinated capture and management of these opportunities..
- MSc or Ph.D. in Biology or related fields
- More than five years of experience in solution science-based selling in the Life Science market
- Three years sales management experience
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship both at scientific end-user level, decision making level and purchasing/procurement level
- Have the ability to lead, develop, and motivate a team of account managers and specialists, leading them to the achievement of goals/targets.
- Business Planning acumen
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability for problem prevention, detection and resolution.
- Some international travel will be required.
- Many opportunities exist for development within the commercial organisation.
- Our culture is one that empowers individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. We place great emphasis on knowledge and experience. The working environment is friendly and fun but intense, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service and the best solution to our customers. In addition to competitive salaries we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes a profit-share scheme and share options.
- Experience in immunology and Immunohistochemistry
- Experience of working with US pharmaceutical and Biotech customers
- Experience in selling solutions and services
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Abcam, is a leading bioscience company specializing in the production and sale of antibodies and related products to scientific research organizations with offices in Cambridge and Bristol, UK; Cambridge, MA; Eugene, OR; San Francisco, CA; Tokyo, Japan and Hangzhou and Hong Kong, China.
As an innovator in reagents and tools, we provide the research and clinical communities with tools and scientific support. We offer highly validated biological binders and assays to address important targets in critical biological pathways.
Already a pioneer in data sharing and ecommerce in the life sciences, our ambition is to be the most influential company in life sciences by helping advance global understanding of biology and causes of disease, which, in turn, will drive new treatments and improved health.
While we’ve evolved over the years to become a leading provider of life science research tools, our ethos remains the same as it was in 1998: helping scientists make breakthroughs faster by providing the highest quality reagents.