Scientific Marketing Specialist
About the role
The Marketing Specialist will execute and report on strategic marketing programs to support ambitious sales and business objectives within the Americas. We are looking for a candidate who will use their scientific knowledge and firm understanding of the life science industry, to assist with marketing campaign messaging, create technical and promotional content, collaborate on digital marketing activities (Marketing automation, promotions), and execute Account Based Marketing programs. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment requiring flexibility and has experience working with multiple teams, vendors and global partners.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Working closely with the regional marketing manager, this position will coordinate, and provide on-going support for Account Based Marketing campaigns for the Americas across both online and offline channels.
- Actively collaborate and execute disease and research area focused campaigns.
- Provide Eloqua email automation support for Regional Team, including email, campaign, and landing page creation.
- Using scientific or industry experience to develop lead generation campaigns which target discovery, preclinical & biomarker groups
- Work with global marketing teams to support regional implementation of global campaigns and product launches.
- Support marketing and sales teams on regional events, including logistics coordination, event management, lead generation processing and securing sponsorship opportunities as needed.
- Monitor, research, and report regionally relevant insights including industry news and funding information.
- Analyze & report on marketing campaign strategies and provide recommendations to improve effectiveness of both impact and efficiency.
- Assist with monthly reports, creation of internal training documents, SOPs, and central resources for sales and marketing.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S., B.A.), or higher, in a life science discipline or a related area
- 2-5 years’ experience in a marketing role at a life science company
- Hands-on experience with a marketing automation platform, preferably Eloqua
- Experience using MS Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Ability to shift priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet scheduled deliverables and timelines
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability for problem prevention, detection and resolution
- Travel both domestic and international is required of up to 20%
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.