About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Scientific Writer who is passionate about creating useful and engaging content for life sciences researchers and industry professionals around the world. You will provide audiences with persuasive and creative content to educate and tell stories that highlight innovation and expertise.
Working closely with colleagues in the content marketing team and across the marketing department, you will be responsible for writing and editing scientific content for the website, external platforms, email and social media, as well as producing offline materials. Topics written about will include neuroscience, epigenetics and immuno-oncology, experimental techniques and specific product lines.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Writing scientific material across a range of formats to be hosted on company and external platforms, ensuring content is tailored for different channels and audiences
- Undertaking research or interviews to develop written pieces
- Editing and curating existing content to update scientific information and align messaging
- Working alongside our SEO team to optimise new and existing web content
- Proposing and prioritising content ideas based around business priorities and campaigns
- Assessing the performance of pieces, communicating outcomes and applying learnings to future work
You should be an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is energised about digital and content marketing. You are a keen writer who enjoys producing compelling, well-structured content for a technical audience. You should have excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and the journalistic flair to seek multiple viewpoints to create coherent and persuasive stories.
Experience in ensuring that content produced by yourself or others is accurate, concise, engaging and in line with style and brand guidelines is essential, as is the ability to work to tight deadlines. You should be someone who takes initiative and is results oriented.
Previous experience in writing, editing digital content such as articles, blogs, emails and technical content is essential. A life sciences background or proven scientific or technical literacy is required, a PhD in a life science subject would be desirable.