Team Leader - Purification & Conjugation
About the role
Abcam, a rapidly expanding bioscience organisation, are looking for a Team Lead - Purification & Conjugation to join our first-class In-House Manufacturing team. This is a leadership role responsible for a team of Purification & Conjugation Technicians and Scientists. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving safety, quality, delivery, and cost thru leadership of the team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the Purification & Conjugation Team in-line with workload demands.
- Carry out weekly scheduling and monitoring of routine Purification and Conjugation processes and manage team workload.
- Support Technicians in their lab work, ensuring that all production work is carried out to high quality standards. Identify when specifications are missed and troubleshoot these situations.
- Keep stakeholders informed and up-to-date by sharing all relevant information and take part in cross team discussions, including presenting data to stakeholders and influencing outcomes through actions.
- Show compliance with Quality policies, SOPs and Health and Safety procedures.
- Hold a Life Science or Technical degree
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety and reinforce safe behaviors with the staff
- Ability to work with and lead manufacturing teams
- Ensure the accuracy of lab procedures and documentation
- Have at least three years’ experience of the practical and theoretical aspects of some/all of the following techniques:
- Antibody production techniques
- Protein conjugation
- Use of AKTA chromatography systems - Unicorn method writing/ editing
- Be an enthusiastic team-player, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work well under pressure, working to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate good troubleshooting skills
- Be confident in using MS-Office applications.
- Experience in chromatography techniques – Affinity, SEC, IEX, HIC
- Experience in protein stability formulation studies, including lyophilisation.
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in working within an industrial environment
- Experience in working to ISO 9001 standards.
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma
You will be organised and enthusiastic and be comfortable with working autonomously or in a team environment. In addition to this you will have excellent interpersonal skills, be a competent user of MS Office applications and have a customer centric approach.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!